WHO WE ARE
Birdi Systems, Inc. (BSI) is a Los Angeles-based, award-winning, full-service systems engineering consulting and contracting firm. BSI is a leading provider of technology solutions to major airports and other transportation entities.
With a focus on providing high-value services through innovative solutions, our firm seeks employees that will help to fulfill this mission. Such individuals should possess strong leadership, ingenuity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. As a small business, we aim to foster a teamwork-oriented atmosphere in which work and communication between departments are strongly encouraged. Much like a family, we see that working together closely provides the greatest opportunity for our collective growth. As such, we value thorough and effective communication, seeking individuals who can work well with others. We offer an invaluable experience to our employees with a multi-faceted and holistic work environment where individuals gain experience in all three of our areas of focus. If you possess the qualities required to succeed with our team and are capable of pushing the limits of current service standards through innovation, we encourage you to join us
As our Buyer Specialist, you will be responsible for the procurement of various materials and services for our company. You will spend time researching and finding suppliers that produce quality items within the business’ budget.
You will also be responsible for gathering and preparing documents like quotes, proposals, and purchase terms and conditions from suppliers for review. Once suppliers are hired, the Buyer Specialist will carefully analyze and monitor them and will record their performance. You will also be one of the supplier’s main points of contact and will answer any questions or address concerns the supplier has.
- Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization
- Evaluate and negotiate prices and contracts with vendors
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing
- Maintained a list of approved suppliers for the company and ensure this is kept up to date and distributed internally when required
- Ensure conformance of the company’s procurement and supplier management procedures
- Pre-qualify vendors, suppliers and subcontractors and ensure they are meeting performance
- Detailed Oriented: Ensuring all of the Quotes and POs match the end ensuring quality in their outputs
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills These will be used to determine our company’s product needs and to create constructive relationships with vendors.
- Project management: Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. The ability to plan, delegate and evaluate progress toward goals is necessary for managing these projects.
- Negotiation: negotiating vendor contracts, so they must understand price points and be able to negotiate effectively.
- Problem-solving: Must have strong problem-solving skills. For example, they may need to solve the problem of a product or service that does not meet the quality standards of their company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or alike desired
- 1-2 years of work experience in Procurement or as a Buyer
- Previous Experience with an Engineering/Construction firm a plus
- 1-2 years of experience using QuickBooks required
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
It is the policy of Birdy Systems, Inc. not to illegally discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in its employment practices.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.