- Performs service/installation of closed circuit television systems, and other various security related systems.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Performs computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices as needed.
- Prepares documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, key inventory, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary. Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Transports a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
Candidate must possess required skills/knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer, networks, and information technology related systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of structured cabling.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Maintain an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Ability to read/understand floor plans, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Ability to use test equipment such as volt-meter, signal tone generator, oscilloscope, time-domain reflectometer
- Work on 6 to 12-foot stepladder
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Minimum High School diploma
- Military service / training a plus
Certifications & Experience:
Product Certifications a plus for Video Management Software and Cameras
- Axis Cameras
- Pelco Cameras
- Genetec Security Center Certification (Installation and Configuration)
- Genetec Security Center Service Tech Certification Course (successful completion of installation, programming and servicing of Genetec Security Center)
- Genetec Omnicast Video Surveillance System Certification (Installation and Configuration)
- Genetec Omnicast Video Surveillance Service Tech Certification Course (successful completion of installation, programming and servicing of Genetec Omnicast)
- Proximex Surveillint Certification including all API Plug-ins (Installation and Configuration)
- Proximex Surveillint Service Tech Certification including API plug-ins (successful completion of installation, programming and servicing of Proximex Surveillint software and API plugins)
Background check and drug test will be required.
Project Site and Work Hours:
Los Angeles Area – Typical shift start at 6 a.m. but varies to meet Project and Client requirements.